If somebody is interested, I am sharing my findings on the new color bulbs from Yeelight (YLDP06YL). I own 5 of them for some days now.
If you already own the first generation an upgrade is not worth it (in my opinion).
- They work with HASS out of the box. The LAN control (local) seems to be less responsive compared to the first generation. Sometimes 1 or 2 extra commands are needed to switch the light bulb on. (The second try generally works.) I am sure a firmware update will fix this.
- The standby consumption is 1.3-1.4 W (1.25 $/year at 0.11$/kWh - 10-20% less compared to the 1st generation). I was hoping for a lot less since an official mentioned that they were targeting 0.5 W.
- They are a bit brighter but nothing significant (measuring the brightness side by side there is a 5-10% difference in number of lux at a 1 m distance). For sure not 30% brighter.
- They disperse slightly better the light since the diffuser is a bit wider.
- The colors are not so deep compared to the 1st generation, but I am sure this will be fixed with a software update.
- The CRI could be better.
- No buzzing or flickering.
All this set aside, they are still some of the best on the market (no hub, reliable, cheap, easy to setup, great app, local control, look great, multiple servers, voice control etc.).