reddit search allows you to search for submissions and subreddits.
The search page for submissions is at http://polar-ocean-4195.herokuapp.com/7777772e7265646469742e636f6d/search. You can also search from the sidebar of most reddit pages.
You can search for these parts of a submission:
- author: The user who submitted the post.
- flair: The text of the link flair on the post.
- nsfw: NSFW posts.
yesfor NSFW submissions,
0are also supported.
- self: Text post.
yesfor text submissions,
0are also supported.
- selftext: For self-posts, the body of the post.
- site: The domain of the submitted URL.
- subreddit: The submission's subreddit.
- title: The submission title.
- url: The submission's URL (the website's address)
- You can also search multiple fields at once.
cats subreddit:pics site:imgur.com
Field names are case sensitive. When making a multi-word field search, wrap the query in double-quotes. Single-quoted field searches are not supported. Example:
flair:"Multi Word Text"
Comments are not included in the search index at this time.
reddit search supports the boolean operators
NOT (case sensitive) as well as parenthesis.
We will be deprecating non-standard single character operators
- in the near future. Please update your queries to us the documented operators above instead.
- By default, search queries use the
hedgehogs AND porcupinesand
hedgehogs porcupinesare equivalent
- You can use the
ORoperator when you want to match submissions that contain either term.
hedgehogs OR porcupines
- You can exclude terms with
hedgehogs NOT porcupines
- You can use parentheses
( )to group parts of a search together.
(hedgehogs OR porcupines) NOT sonic
Limitations and caveats
- Search terms may be stemmed. A search for "dogs" may return results with the word "dog" in them.
- Search results are limited to 1000 results.
You can search for subreddits from the subreddits page at https://polar-ocean-4195.herokuapp.com/7777772e7265646469742e636f6d/subreddits/search.
Subreddit results also appear at the top of the main search page at https://polar-ocean-4195.herokuapp.com/7777772e7265646469742e636f6d/search.
Staying up to date (RSS)
If you want to stay up to date on a search result, you can subscribe to that search's RSS feed. All you need to do is add
.rss to the search URL, and add it to your news reader. For example, this is the RSS feed for the "cats" search results:
See the api documentation for a list of supported url parameters.
Check /r/beta for search features currently under beta testing.
revision by artemois— view source